1 of 11
- Graphics Software1 Use a vector drawing/illustration program such as Adobe Illustrator, Serif DrawPlus, CorelDRAW, or Inkscape. Illustration Software for Mac2 | Illustration Software for Windows3
- Fonts4 Script fonts5 create especially pretty snowflakes but any font will work. Experiment.
If you aren’t familiar with using an illustration program, the primary tasks you’ll need to know are:
- How to type a word, change the font, change the size.
- How to convert text to a path.
- How to copy and paste an object.
- How to rotate an object.
- How to group objects.
- How to change fill and stroke colors.
- Optional: How to combine objects, manipulate paths, and apply other special effects.
Brush up on your graphics basics at About.com Graphics Software:
This About.com page has been optimized for print. To view this page in its original form, please visit: http://desktoppub.about.com/od/creategraphics/ss/Make-Snowflakes-Out-of-Words.htm
©2014 About.com, Inc. All rights reserved.